Thursday, February 23, 2017

Devotion 12: Be Not Satisfied!

Although the Presence of Christ in us today is a marvelous thing and we are to be joyful and content in our present circumstances, especially if we allow the visible and tangible manifestation of Christ be revealed via the ministry and gifts of the Spirit in the Church, nevertheless, the Bible encourages us not to be satisfied with our present state of separation from the full and absolute Presence of God in Christ. "...without my flesh I shall see God; whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes shall see and not another. My heart is faith within me" (Job 19:26b-27). "One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple...When Thou didst say, Seek my face, my heart said to Thee, Thy face, O Lord, I shall seek (Psalm 27:4,8). "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalm 42:1-2). "Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth" (Psalm 73:25). "...we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). "Come, Lord Jesus" (Revelation 2:20c). "Father of Jesus, love's reward! What rapture will it be, Prostrate before Thy throne to lie, And gaze and gaze on Thee."*

*Poem by Frederick Faber quoted in, "The Pursuit of God," by A.W. Tozer, p.40.

No comments:

Post a Comment