Monday, September 12, 2011

Proverbs of Nelson

1. Proverbs of Nelson, son of Banuchi, a common man.

2. All these proverbs are my words
Except the first one
3. Plucked from a violent movie
When, wisdom, I had none.

4. "A man has got to know his limitations.” *

5. To the tune of “Look at Me.”
Look at Me
I’m as lazy as a turtle on a beach,
6. Don’t know my right from my left,
my tail from my toes;
I’m too busy sleeping it off.

7. By the time the sluggard gets to the starting line
The diligent man has already finished the race.

8. Ever wonder where the drunk is?
He also wonders.
9. Therefore, be wise and don’t drink to excess.
Then you will always be the first one
to know where you are.

10.The righteous man fears God.
The evil man says, “I fear no one.”

11. The righteous man laughs at death and lives.
The wicked man laughs at death and dies.

12. The man of faith knows the God of wonders
But he who doubts wonders about God.

13. Listen to a wise man and you will be wiser.
Listen to a dumb man and you will be dumb and dumber.

14. Take up your sword,
Take up your shield.
15. But remember,
Victory in battle is the Lord’s.

16. The fool says, “Who is God that I should listen to Him.”
17. And the wise man responds,
“Who are you that I should listen to you?”

18. The fool says, “God is evil.”
He thinks God is like him.

19. The wise man listens before speaking.
The honest man weighs the fruit before giving the price.
20. The wise and honest man considers the matter
Before making judgment.

21. More is accomplished by digging dirt
Then gazing at stars.
22. Dreams of eating never satisfy the hunger.


* from Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry".

No comments:

Post a Comment